Using JES-Interlacer

Swiss army knife for anything related to interlace.

Using JES-Interlacer

Postby esr1 » 04 Jul 2012, 15:02

Hi Jan
I have just switched from a windows machine to a Mac and one of the reasons is because I have a Canon HG 10 high definition video camera and I found that when I started to process my digital video on the windows machine I could not successfully get it on to blu ray disc to play on a TV. I can do this with the Mac, however iMovie and Final Cut pro don't like the way that the HG 10 deals with avchd interlace video and when you start to edit if you apply certain effects, it degrades the quality. I have read that if I de-interlace it with your product, that I won't have that issue, but before I ruin any of the video that I have already take, I want to make certain that is correct. I shoot the video in 1080i format and want to process it using iMovie if I can, since that will do the editing that I want to do satisfactorily and then burn it to blu-ray using toast, but I don't want to loose any of the quality the camera is capable of because of the way the iMovie de-interlaces the video. Hopefully you can help.
Thanks in advance.
esr1
Regular

Re: Using JES-Interlacer

Postby jeschot » 04 Jul 2012, 15:02

Hello ...,

Maybe the link at the bottom of my web page answers your question.

https://sites.google.com/site/theimovieoutputproject/

Jan E.
jeschot
Site Admin

Return to JES Deinterlacer