Green screen

Swiss army knife for anything related to interlace.

Green screen

Postby cardamom13 » 11 Jul 2012, 21:11

Hi,
I'm new to this deinterlacing business. Anyway, I received several .mov files from a colleague with the information that they were interlaced and that I needed to deinterlace them. My end goal: integrate them with the non-interlaced .mov files from my DSLR in iMovie. (I actually cannot even import them in iMovie as they are - they are simply greyed out. I can view them in VLC.
Anyway, I tried JES Deinterlacer, tried different settings but all I get in the new file is - a green screen.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.
cardamom13
New

Re: Green screen

Postby jeschot » 12 Jul 2012, 10:11

Can you play them in QuickTime Player 7?
You may need an import component to play them.
If you mail me a reference movie I can have a look at the codec type.

If you can't get them to open you need to convert them to something else, like ProRes422 or PhotoJPEG.
Do you know what camera they were recorded with? Your colleague can obviously play them so he may have the necessary software.

Jan E.
jeschot
Site Admin

Postby cardamom13 » 12 Jul 2012, 10:50

I can't view the files in QT (I have 10 something), just in VLC - there they play just fine, but with the interlacing interference. The shortest clip is 42,8 MB - a bit big for mailing?
I can only contact the colleague next week so if I find a solution before then, great. Otherwise I will have to go back to him.
Thanks in any case.
cardamom13
New

Postby jeschot » 12 Jul 2012, 20:53

That's too big for mailing indeed.
I can easily download it, if you can upload it somewhere.

I actually meant a reference movie, which is much smaller because it doesn't contain the video sample data.
You need QT Player 7 Pro if you want to create one (using the Save as... command).

Jan E.
jeschot
Site Admin

Return to JES Deinterlacer