Extensifier "not responding"

An application to create, remove or edit image description extensions

Extensifier "not responding"

Postby martin.jefferson » 23 Apr 2013, 15:22

Hi - I have used Extensifier (on the recommendation of an iTunes aggregator) for several months to check that the cold, clap, pasp etc. tags are correct. I do not believe I have changed anything significant on my computer, but in recent weeks, when I open Extensifier it just freezes. I have tried deleting it and re-downloading and re-installing, I have repaired permissions, but nothing changes. It just sits there with a spinning wheel until I Force Quit. Any assistance would be fantastic.
Thanks
Martin
martin.jefferson
New

Re: Extensifier "not responding"

Postby jeschot » 24 Apr 2013, 12:17

Hello Martin,

Do you happen to have any custom presets? Most likely a corrupt preset is the problem.
Custom presets are in user/library/application support/jes/extensifier. Try dragging them to the desktop and see if the app starts working agin. If so, try restoring half of the presets repeatedly. Most likely only one is causing the problem.
BTW under Mac OS 10.8 you have to hold down the option key in the Go menu of the Finder in order to be able to choose Library from the menu.

Jan E.
jeschot
Site Admin

Postby martin.jefferson » 24 Apr 2013, 13:15

Thanks for the reply - no I do not have any custom presets. I just use Extensifier to check tags etc. I did look in the folder just in case and there is nothing there. I am going to be getting a new computer soon so hopefully that will fix the problem.
Cheers

jeschot wrote:Hello Martin,

Do you happen to have any custom presets? Most likely a corrupt preset is the problem.
Custom presets are in user/library/application support/jes/extensifier. Try dragging them to the desktop and see if the app starts working agin. If so, try restoring half of the presets repeatedly. Most likely only one is causing the problem.
BTW under Mac OS 10.8 you have to hold down the option key in the Go menu of the Finder in order to be able to choose Library from the menu.

Jan E.
martin.jefferson
New

Postby jeschot » 25 Apr 2013, 09:59

I don't think your computer is the problem.
You didn't mention trashing the plist. Have you tried that yet?

Jan E.
jeschot
Site Admin

Return to JES Extensifier